I always love a bright, colorful plate of food. It’s enticing, and exciting, since it means you’re in for a mouthful of flavor. Right now, it’s Spring time in Ohio, so we have an abundance of green produce. I’m a sucker for any green food (I probably actually would eat green eggs and ham), while it can be off putting to many people, still into their adulthood. Maybe they had a bad experience with broccoli or Brussels sprouts as a child (we loved them until a neighbor boy said, “Brussels sprouts! Ew!!” And it took years for us kids to try them again on our own accord), or they are just being whiny, picky adults. Whatever it may be, I encourage you to “try just one bite,” like your mama always asked you, and give green another try.
“You do not like them, So you say. Try them! Try them! And YOU MAY!” Dr. Seuss - Green Eggs and Ham
What you need...
- 6oz Cod Fish
- 60g Cauliflower Rice (about ½ cup), cooked per bag instructions
- ¼ cup Bamboo Rice
- ½ cup Water
- ½ Tablespoon Ghee (or Butter)
- 50g Avocado (about ½ of an Avocado)
- 30g Banana Peppers (about 1 medium pepper)
- ½ Jalapeno
- 10g Red Onion (about 2 Tablespoons)
- ½ Lime
- 4 round slices of Lemon
- 60g Rainbow Chard (about 5 big leaves)
- 30g Baby Bok Choy (about ½ cup loosely packed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sriracha – if you want an extra kick of spice
- Oil for the pan
- Prepare the guacamole first by combining the avocado, banana pepper, jalapeno, red onion and the juice of 1/2 lime in a food processor. Pulse until everything is nicely chopped up together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Get a piece of parchment paper that will be large enough to wrap around the fish. Place the piece of fish in the middle, sprinkle on your favorite seafood spices, and top with the four lemon slices. Bring two opposing sides of the parchment paper together, crease and fold down a couple of times. Tuck the other two end under the cod fish parcel, place in a baking dish (or sheet) and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Cook until fully done and flaking.
- While the cod fish is cooking, bring the water, bamboo rice and cauliflower rice to a boil in a covered smaller sauce pan. Reduce to a simmer, and let cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Keep an eye on the pot to make sure the water/bubbles don’t overflow the pan. Once done, remove from heat and stir in the ghee or butter, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the cod fish is finished cooking, heat a pan with a little bit of oil on medium heat. Sauteé the bok choy and rainbow chard, add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate your cod fish, greens, and bamboo rice mixture. Top the rice (and cod fish if you’d like) with the guacamole. Drizzle on some sriracha and enjoy!
**This recipe serves one, double, triple, etc as needed!
Macros: 15.5g of Fat, 49.5g of Carbohydrates, 39.5g of Protein, about 496 Calories (these are approximate and may vary depending on preparation and other factors, take it with a grain of salt)